Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Poundage Update

This just in... we're down to 16.2 pounds of beans and 16.4 pounds of rice, so 17.4 lb. down and 32.6 to go.  35% consumed.  That also means we've eaten 9.4 lb. since the first weigh-in on 9/9.  So, we're looking at about a third of a pound per day which I calculate to be roughly one cup per day dry.  Tonight we had rice and beans with kale, cheese, salsa and a fried egg, over medium, on top.  Delish.

I made oatmeal before work today which is another hearty meal based on a cheap staple.  Quaker Rolled Oats from Costco run about $8 for 110 servings.  Granted, I usually make myself one and a half servings, so count $0.11 for the oatmeal.  I'll have to add up the costs for the pecans, raisins, sugar, milk, cinnamon, and fresh grated nutmeg I put in as well.  Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment