Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Honey I'm Home II

One of the reasons I started Rice and Beans was to have a steady supply of wholesome calories at the ready.  I've been training for this Markleeville Death Ride, so I'm riding the equivalent of about 70 miles per week (part of that spin class which I do know we're traveling zero miles technically) and lifting another four days.  Having cut down on sugary foods for the most part, it takes a lot of calories and thus a lot of food to replace the burn.  I had pictured large helpings of plain rice and plain beans.

But again for the second time, the Magic Bean Fairy, which I'm beginning to suspect is Emily, has struck again.  I innocently soak a bowl of beans overnight, and when I arrive home the next day from work, viola, a tasty dinner.  Meaty Bean Chili wth Parmisian Rice Souflee.  Outstanding.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe she is just trying desperately to reclaim the counter space that is being occupied by a 25 pound sack of beans!

    ReplyDelete