Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rice and Beans for Everyone

I just placed a new link on the right side of the page.  I wrote the HTML code myself.  It's nice that the internet teaches you how to use the internet.  The Rice and Beans Foundation is a non-profit that distributes chickens and fruit, j/k, rice and beans to the needy in Nicaragua.  They source it locally which is good.  For $35 they can buy 100 lbs which I know makes quite a few meals.  Together rice and beans make a complete protein, provide complex carbohydrates and fiber, and they store well.  

Tonight's Dinner - Quinoa Pinto Bean Patties
I was going to donate $88 to 88bikes.org this month, but work set me back $30 for a baby shower and charity walk, so I chipped in for 100 lbs this month and will stick $88 back in the budget next month.  I'm not sure how Dave Ramsey feels about all the line item adjustments we make each month to the budget.  The $88 bucks has been getting bumped for months now, as has my new iphone.


No comments:

Post a Comment