Thursday, September 9, 2010

Weigh In

Looking over at the two bags of rice and beans sitting on the kitchen floor by the refrigerator, too big for a proper home, I certainly don't feel as though we're making much progress.  But after a short trip to the bathroom scale I find that we've worked through an impressive 4.6 pounds of beans and 3.4 pounds of rice.  That's a full eight pounds for those mathematically challenged.  16% gone like that.  I actually felt a twinge of sadness that we'd be through it so soon.  Ha!  Honeymoon is over and good luck on the next 42 pounds.

I had leftovers today from Emily's bean recipe from last night.  I think it wins the prize for worst recipe title.  It was pulled off of Epicurius and was titled Polenta with Cabbage, Beans an Bacon.  Technically, that was what it was, but I'd say it lacked a bit of imagination.  And it didn't look great either, looking like slop with a mucus-green hue (feel free to use that one Crayola).  My expectations were driven down so low that I was pleasantly surprised.  The polenta was creamy and the flavors were tasty (thank you bacon).  I'd definitely eat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment